Business Contract Types
Fee for Service
Power of Attorney
- An agreement for student internships at hospitals, schools, clinics, or social service agencies, to meet University matriculation requirements which requires approval by the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost.
- Appointment (Temporary)
- An employment assignment agreement under which an employee of another institution furnishes services to the University on a temporary assignment.
- Business Operations
- An agreement with an outside business entity for the management of University’s business operations, or for conducting business activities that lead to revenue-generating opportunities for the University.
- Copyright Assignment
- An agreement for an assignment of copyright under which an author assigns author’s copyrights to the other party. An example is when an author assigns copyright to the University for publication in a collective work (a group of articles as in a journal or newsletter).
- An agreement between parties to keep certain information confidential (also referred to as a non-disclosure agreement).
- Education Outreach
- An agreement under which the University provides specific educational activities to youngsters at a local entity (typically a local school district).
- Fee for Service
- An agreement with an outside entity under which the outside party is permitted to use unique facilities of the University on a fee-for-service basis. Test results generated from the use of unique University facilities are exclusively owned by the outside entity, and the agreement must comply with APM-020 University Regulation No. 4.
- An agreement under which the University hires an instructor to teach or develop a seminar or class.
- An agreement with an outside party under which the University provides a class or seminar or other educational instruction to the other party.
- An agreement under which the University gives permission to an outside entity to use something belonging to the University, for example, The Regents’ copyrighted materials, or for the University to use someone else’s intellectual property.
- Power of Attorney
- Contract to authorize an outside entity to legally sign for the University for a limited, but necessary, purpose.
- An agreement between a publisher and The Regents of the University of California to publish and distribute work.
- An agreement under which an outside commercial entity provides goods, services, and/or a financial contribution in return for approved recognition of the sponsor in various campus media.
- Student Training
- An agreement with an outside organization under which students enrolled in University programs obtained training/work experience, the nature of which is not required to be approved by the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost.
- Teacher Training
- Agreements under which University students are assigned to various student-teaching positions in local school districts for specific periods of time.
- Contract in which a party relinquishes a known right, or grants permission to use specified right(s).