Business Contracts and Brand Protection (BCBP) reviews, drafts, negotiates, and executes certain business contracts for UC Berkeley on behalf of The Regents of the University of California (UC Regents).
Agreements processed by BCBP include:
- Revenue producing contracts, including licensing of University business intellectual property, such as copyrights and trademarks
- Agreements to support continuing and professional education
- Agreements for the outside management of campus venues
- Agreements for student internships with hospitals, clinics, social service agencies, and school districts
- Agreements for outside use of the University's unique facilities
BCBP does not process contracts related to:
- Supply Chain activities
- Research activities for federal, state, and non-profit
- Real Estate activities
- Research activities for industry, and material transfers
To find out which contracting office to contact for your specific contracting needs, start by visiting the Contracting at Berkeley webpage.
Important: Individual faculty members, staff and students must contact their department business officer for authorization to begin the business contracts process.
Do Not Begin Performance Until the Contract is Fully Executed.